RUDDERLY MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Professions from the industry take you under their wing. Personalised 1-1 mentorship
1 ON 1 TIME WITH SUCCESSFUL PROFESSIONALS ACROSS INDUSTRIES
IMMERSIVE MENTORSHIP STRUCTURE WITH A REAL WORLD ASSIGNMENT, TO GIVE YOU A SNEAK PEAK
BECOME A MENTOR
Oops.. we don't seem to have mentors for this career
100s of mentors are added each week. Check back soon
Well-versed with the Automotive Industry
Passion for Cars
Traffic on Websites
Out of The Box Thinking
Testing New Automobiles Technology
Updated on Latest Developments
You get to travel a lot nationally and internationally
Your passion turns into a full-time paying job
It is not a mundane 9-5 job
You are constantly learning about new technology and get to experience it first-hand
You will have the opportunity to meet and interact with people from various industries
The travelling compromises your personal life
The competition is cut-throat
Irregular working hours
It is tough to gain recognition
It is a stressful job if you are not passionate about it
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
Youtube content creator
You communicate effectively
You are passionate about automobiles
You love to travel and know how to manage your personal life
You are very adaptable and accomodating
You are social and are constantly building your network
Interesting Facts about the career
How can one start a career in automotive journalism?
Everybody can be his or her own publisher in today's world you can set up your own blog and write about bikes and cars. You can create your own Youtube channel. Make a podcast. If you can demonstrate your ability, and maybe develop a specialization that particularly interests you, you may then be able to interest editors of paying publications in your work. And it may lead you to get your first job.
How to become an automotive journalist
1. Start writing and then use your writing as a portfolio.
2. Read everything you can about the automotive industry. Popular publications include Car & Driver, Motor Trend, and Automotive News.
3. Attend as many car shows as you can.
4. You can have a degree in automotive engineers or journalism.
5. Follow up motorsports and understand what kind of cars they drive and who are popular car drivers out there.
6. Write a variety of stories, including opinion pieces, reviews, interviews, and features. Accept feedback.
7. Stay up to date on the calendar of car shows, launches, and product testing so that you know what is going on.
9. Have a flexible schedule as you will need to be available to travel.