RUDDERLY MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Professionals from the industry take you under their wing. Personalised 1-1 mentorship
1 ON 1 TIME WITH SUCCESSFUL PROFESSIONALS ACROSS INDUSTRIES
IMMERSIVE MENTORSHIP STRUCTURE WITH A REAL WORLD ASSIGNMENT, TO GIVE YOU A SNEAK PEAK
BECOME A MENTOR
Oops.. we don't seem to have mentors for this career
100s of mentors are added each week. Check back soon
Strong communication skills
Knowledge of music composition software
Understand mixers and synthesizers
You get to work with amazing musicians.
You get to see your words taking form into popular songs listened to by a large number of people.
You get to do what you love.
If your song becomes popular you can earn a royalty for a long period.
There is a lot of uncertainty in this career.
If your one song does not work out it will take a lot of time to get another gig.
Usually, you are hired on the basis of the job, and not full time this could lead to a lot of stress.
You do not get credit all the time.
Mostly you will have face a lot of competition.
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
You love composing music and you can do this as a full-time career.
You know that sometimes you will not get as much credit as a singer does.
You know that this job is a backstage job most of the time.
You love learning music, instruments and styles.
Interesting Facts about the career
Songwriters small secret
1. You don't need a traditional music education at all.
2. Don't write what's on the radio.
3. You can have a hit tomorrow, but you won't get paid until a year later.
4. For every song that gets picked up, there are 1,000 songs that go nowhere.
5. Inspiration can come from anywhere.
6. Get a mobile studio so you can record from anywhere.
7. Your recordings don't have to be perfect, but they do have to be powerful.
8. The music industry is glamorous, but you have to work incredibly hard.
9. Sometimes you'll feel like a celebrity, sometimes you'll feel like a nobody.
10. You can do a lot more than just writing songs for albums.
11. You need to give your brain time to recharge.
12. There's nothing like hearing fans who know all the words to your song.
What does Songwriter do differently that makes them stand out
1. Songwriters are process-oriented.
2. Songwriters can write what they feel in ways that make sense to others.
3. Songwriters appreciate different perspectives.
4. Songwriters keep learning.
5. Songwriters cultivate a curious nature.
6. Songwriters are frequently trying things.
7. Songwriters always keep the big picture in mind.