RUDDERLY MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Professionals from the industry take you under their wing. Personalised 1-1 mentorship
1 ON 1 TIME WITH SUCCESSFUL PROFESSIONALS ACROSS INDUSTRIES
IMMERSIVE MENTORSHIP STRUCTURE WITH A REAL WORLD ASSIGNMENT, TO GIVE YOU A SNEAK PEAK
BECOME A MENTOR
Oops.. we don't seem to have mentors for this career
100s of mentors are added each week. Check back soon
Attention To Detail
You can enjoy a front seat in your favourite games
You have freedom & flexibility as a freelancer
It is always exciting to see a star player in their arena
The unpredictability keeps you on your toes
You learn so much more about sports
No guaranteed income
You have to be very accomodating with your work preferences
It could be very expensive
It's not a regular 9-5 job
You may not always get the best shots due to the motion blur
GOT WHAT IT TAKES?
You love clicking pictures
You know how to use photo-enhancing software
You understand how detail-oriented the job is
You respect the rules set out for you
Interesting Facts about the career
Tips that can help you to become a good sports photographer
1. Understand and know the rules of the game.
2. Research what the expected photos look like so that you know what you are expected to deliver.
3. Keep your eyes on the game.
4. Know your camera interface.
5. Don't waste your time on chomping.
6. Try to go flashless.
7. Use shutter priority mode.
8. Shoot everything - people, sideline movement, everything.
9. Tell the story of the game.
10. Capture the emotions of the game.
11. Play with a few wide-angle shoot.
12. Keep most shots tight.
Challenges faced by sports photographers
1. Motion Blur.
2. Timing Movement.
3. It is hard to get a close-up shot.
4. The weather could be bad and it is difficult to shoot sometimes.
5. You sometimes miss that perfect shot.